Many people seem to have some confusion about how to crochet both sides at the same time the pieces. So I thought I’d explain it with this tutorial so that I can refer to it again whenever people send me an email asking for help in the future.
In some of my patterns you will find instruction that say to “crochet both sides at the same time“. Some designers also write:
“Fold and crochet single crochet through both sides across”
“Fold and crochet both sides together to close”
“Fold the open ends of the ….flat and crochet across to close”
But what does it mean?
This means you will to close the work with crochet stitches. I use this method when I want the open end to become close.
Let’s assume that we follow the crochet instructions and have a piece (which has been worked in the round) and fasten off or not. The piece will look like this:
Now we need to execute the “crochet both sides at the same time” instruction. Is easy! Just follow the instructions below:
How to crochet both sides at the same time?
1. Complete the part and see if the pattern requires fasten off or not.
2. Push and fold the piece in half.
3. Insert the hook on both sides (4 loops), passing the yarn through both stitch loops.
4. Crochet the entire opening.
5. Cut the yarn and hide if the pattern requires it!
NOTE: be sure to fold the tops so that the curve of the foot (that the pieces are turned on the right side) faces forward and not to the side.
That’s all there is to it! Hope this clears up any remaining confusion about how to crochet both sides at the same time in amigurumi.
This post is great refernce for you who bought my Coraline doll 2 new look!
You can purchase my pieces and recipes via the Etsy shop by clicking on here.
- Then, follow the first post in the series The Amigurumi manual and crochet that has news coming!